Saturday, October 18, 2008

Questions to ask your photographer



The reason I am blogging on this subject is because a lot of so called professional photographers are not at all professional. I have listed a few questions you should ask a photographer.




1) How many times have you worked specifically as a wedding photographer?


2) Do you have a studio? Where is it located?


3) Have you handled events of my type and my size before?


4) Do you have examples of a complete wedding?


5) What do you normally wear to a wedding?


6) Do you have liability insurance?


7) Do you have backup equipment?


8) Have you ever been published in a photography journal or magazine?


9) What makes your photography different and better than anyone else's?


After these questions you need to ask yourself a few questions and be honest with yourself. Do I like this person? Do I get a good feeling from them? Do I like their work as a wedding photographer? Is it well focused? Is it well lit? Is it well framed? Looking at their books do I get a good feeling having them photograph my wedding? Also remember personality and appearance plays a part. Is this person well groomed? Is the chemistry there?


I take pride on being fun to work with. Look at my photos and you will see lots of smiles. I have numerous complete wedding samples available for you to view upon request. I normally wear black slacks and a white shirt. I may color coordinate with your wedding colors. Also if needed I can wear a black tuxedo for the occasion. i have had work published in several magazines and provide a written contract and guarantee of my work. I have backup equipment and my studio is located on 5910 Bardstown rd. Louisville, KY. I also have liability insurance which covers my general liability as a wedding photographer. I am indeed a professional photographer.


Be careful on choosing your wedding photographer? This is the most important day of your life. The last thing you need is for the photographer to drop the ball. This blog is not to single photographers out. It is to make sure people get the portraits they deserve.

No comments: